No Means No(se)

December 6, 2010 | 11 Comments | Email | Print

The Baltimore fans busted into a “No Means No” chant during Sunday night’s game. Baltimore is uber original. And then the Ravens proceeded to break Ben Roethlisberg’s nose. NBC helped us to confirm that the nose was broken with a closeup of how blatantly crooked it was. They then proceeded to have a Jay’s Telestrator moment and actually drew on the screen, highlighting where the nose bent. Thank you Al and Chris.

Now please tell me I am not the only person in Pittsburgh who laughed. Well, first I cringed at the close-up of the mangled nose, but then? Oh did I laugh. I also laughed when Richard Seymour gave Ben a shot to the chops during the Oakland game. See, I love the Steelers. I love the team. I love what it represents in this city. But Ben? Nine months of time since the Georgia incident has passed and I still wish he would have been traded. So I cheer for my team in spite of him. And I hope that they are able to win while simultaneously hoping he has a bad game. And when he gets knocked around, it makes me happy. Karma.

Warning: file_get_contents(http://api.bit.ly/shorten?version=2.0.1&longUrl=http://browneyedbaker.com/steelandice/2010/12/06/no-means-nose/&login=browneyedbaker&apiKey=R_c26f44861d3f74834c322eb7f2020ff0) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/browney1/public_html/steelandice/wp-content/themes/thesis_18/custom/custom_functions.php on line 163

11 Responses to No Means No(se)

Disgruntled Julie December 6, 2010 at 3:42 pm

I pretty much completely agree with you, and I was shocked when Roethlisberger wasn’t traded (and my husband, an Eagles fan, has the same opinion about Vick — support the team, not the QB). But it really grates on my nerves when Ravens fans, more than any other team fan, love to act disgusted towards Roethlisberger (no means no, Rapelisberger, etc) and yet hold Raw Lewis up on that pedestal and worship him. My, how quickly they all forgot that whole messy double murder situation…

Michelle December 6, 2010 at 10:46 pm

I totally agree with you Julie! I find it absurd that Ray Lewis is still in the league much less being revered by both the Ravens and the NFL.

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish December 6, 2010 at 9:14 pm

My hubs is a huge Stiller fan, and totally agrees with you about Ben. His favorite shirt is from the strip. He and Tiger Woods are standing next to each other with a tagline “Dumb and Dumber.”

Michelle December 6, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I have seen that shirt! Love, love, love it :)

Lauren December 7, 2010 at 9:27 am

Hi Michelle! This is my 1st post on any of your sites (I just discovered you recently, and feel like we share so much in common!!)

I am a Philly girl (although my mom’s side hails from Pittsburg :D ) and I have the same feeling about Vick. I cannot help but want my team to win…. but with Vick? not so much.

Michelle December 9, 2010 at 10:48 am

Hi Lauren! Glad to have you, and so happy you commented!! I could definitely see feeling the same way about Vick. Why do these guys have to be such idiots?!

Brianne December 7, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Michelle, I TOTALLY agree with you! I ditched my Ben jersey after the incident and got a replacement Troy jersey (LOVE him!). Still love the Steelers. But Ben–NOPE.

Michelle December 9, 2010 at 10:49 am

Brianne – I never had a Ben jersey (have only Hines Ward) but I’ve been wanting a Polamalu jersey for some time! I need to get one!

Nicole December 8, 2010 at 9:23 am

I completely agree with you!
As a Philly native, I am having a hard time with accepting Vick as the new QB but I want my Birds to win. My hubby is a Steelers fan (which makes me one too, much to my family’s chagrin. I dig Troy the most. Love to see him leap in out of nowhere on a play!) and he has Ben’s jersey but really, really wants to replace it now.
I missed the moment the nose thing happened, but heard about it! Thanks for posting those pics. I cringe and chuckled at the same time looking at that bottom one. XD

Michelle December 9, 2010 at 10:51 am

Yeah the bottom pic is what made me laugh ;-) Tell your hubby to get a Troy jersey :) And I could totally understand how you feel about Vick too.

Fan December 8, 2010 at 8:46 pm

I hope from that chant Ben felt bad. I am a huge steeler fan, but no longer a Ben fan. He isn’t all that and a bag of chips after all. LOL